Welcome to Wonderful Creations Blog!
Today, I am sharing a fun picture frame project. I bought a cheap frame at a Goodwill store for about $2.50. The frame was a nice size and made of wood, so I immediately knew that I wanted to turn it into a serving tray.
I’ve said it before, and I will repeat it: I love turning trash into treasure! It’s amazing what you can do with items found at a thrift store or tucked away in your closet collecting dust. All you need is a little imagination and creativity, and you can make something old look new and beautiful!
Follow the instructions below for inspiration.
- 13.5″x16.5″ Picture Frame
- 2 Pull Handles
- Waverly Inspirations White Chalk Paint
- Decorative Paper
- Paint Brush
- I began by cleaning the frame with a damp rag, and by removing the glass and other parts.
- Next, I used my drill to place holes in the frame.
- Then, I painted the frame with white chalk paint. I enjoy using this paint because it dries quickly, and I don’t need to use a lot of it.
- After the paint had dried, I used sandpaper to distress the picture frame lightly.
- Finally, I screwed in the handles and added decorative paper to the frame.
I love the way this serving tray turned out. The best part about this project is that I can switch out the paper for any holiday or occasion. I finally have another way to use all the rolls of wrapping paper I bought last year.
Thanks for reading. Have a great day!