Hello everyone! Today I am sharing a fun decorative pillow project I made for my bed. I own a sewing machine, but I’m terrible at using it. I mostly hand sew smaller projects or use some fabric adhesive.
Recently, I bought some lovely fabric at a thrift store for about $1.50. I found it in the bedding section, but I had no idea what it was. At first, I thought it was a curtain, but I finally discovered it is a coverlet you place on top of your bed for decoration.
Continue reading below to see how I recycled the fabric into this beautiful bow-shaped pillow!
- Coverlet or Pillowcase
- Polyester Fiberfill
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Tape Measure
- Iron and Ironing Board
- First, I had to wash the coverlet because it was old and smelled like moth balls.
- Next, I used a tape measure to determine what size I wanted the pillow to be, and then I cut the fabric.
- I also had to iron the fabric to remove all the wrinkles.
- One of the advantages of using recycled bedding is that everything is sewn together already. All I had to do was cut one end of the coverlet and insert the fiberfill.
- I closed and adhered the open sides of the pillow with my trusty hot glue gun.
- To make the bow tie shape, I cut a long strip out of the remaining fabric of the coverlet. I made sure the fabric piece was long enough to tie around the middle of the pillow.
- Finally, I fluffed and shaped the pillow until it resembled a bow tie.
And that’s it! I love this pillow and how adorable it looks on my bed. I can’t wait to make another one!
Thanks for reading. Let me know what you think in the comments section below.
Have a great day!
4 thoughts on “DIY No-Sew Bow Tie Pillow”
Artful and elegant 🙂
What a great idea! I love no sew projects- I’m really bad at coming up with them though, haha! 🙂 also that fabric was a great find, how lovely!