Spruce up your home for the holidays with a beautiful Christmas village. With just a few supplies, your home will look merry and bright for the rest of the season.
My goal for this year is to make as many of my decorations as possible. Nothing elaborate, just simple and beautiful projects I can enjoy all season long. For years I’ve admired and wanted to own those Christmas villages you find in stores. The miniature buildings and pieces are a lovely and traditional way to decorate for the holidays, but those sets can be costly to purchase. Because of the prices, I decided to make my own Christmas village.
I didn’t go with the typical Christmas colors for my village. Instead, I went with a gold and white theme. Those two colors look so elegant when put together.
Here’s a list of the supplies I used:
- Paper Mache Houses
- White Acrylic Paint
- Christmas Ornaments (gold colored)
- Faux Snow
- Gold Buttons
- Serving Tray
- Gold Glitter
- Gold and White Embellishments
- Foam Brush
I bought the houses, ornaments, and supplies from a combination of different stores like Hobby Lobby, Walmart, At Home, JOANN Fabrics and Crafts, and Michaels. I made sure to buy inexpensive ornaments that look like trees, trucks, and presents.
- Paint the paper mache houses white. Let them dry.
- Spread glue on the rooftops of the houses with a foam brush and then cover them with glitter. Let the glitter and glue dry, then seal the glitter with another layer of glue.
- Once the paint and glitter have dried, glue bows and other embellishments on the front of the houses.
- Pour faux snow on top of a large serving tray. The serving tray I used is one I made out of an old picture frame.
- Place the houses on the tray. Then, arrange the ornaments around the houses.
- Finally, place the gold buttons throughout the village for decoration.
And that’s it! How beautiful is this Christmas village? I love how bright and sparkly it is. Not all decorations have to be the traditional red and green colors. You can choose to use any style that fits your personality.
Thanks for reading, and don’t forget to check in throughout the month for more festive holiday projects!
2 thoughts on “DIY Christmas Village”
Fantastic post, this looks beautiful! Such a great idea to make your own 🙂