Happy Valentine’s Day! I enjoy celebrating this day because I’m a romantic at heart, and I LOVE love! I feel like this day is not just for lovers, but also a day to show your affection for friends and family.
For today’s blog post, I made a beautiful sign that is perfect to display for Valentine’s Day as well as the upcoming Spring and Summer months.
As you can see, this sign is not the typical red Valentine’s decor, but it’s still lovely and festive.
Follow the tutorial below to learn how I made this awesome DIY project.
- Unfinished Plaque
- Artificial Flowers
- Black Chalk Paint
- White Cardstock
- Gold Paint Pen
- Foam Brush
- Scissors or Craft Knife
- Paint the outer edges of the plaque with a gold paint pen.
- Then, use a foam brush to paint the top of the plaque with black chalk paint. Let the paint dry for a couple of hours.
- Next, draw letters and shapes on a sheet of white cardstock. Cut the phrase out of the paper with a craft knife or a pair of scissors.
- Glue the paper on top of the plaque.
- Gather a small bouquet of artificial flowers, and then clip the buds and leaves from the stems.
- Finally, use a hot glue gun to adhere the flowers to the top left corner of the plaque.
How pretty is this sign? I really want to keep it for myself, but I think that I will give it to a friend as a gift. Most of the people I know love to receive handmade gifts.
Thanks for reading. Feel free to share and comment below. Enjoy today and the rest of the week!