Read this blog post before you throw away your cardboard boxes.
I’ve mentioned several times how I like to repurpose and reuse items instead of putting them in the trash. I recently had a chair shipped to my house that was in a large cardboard box. The cardboard was so thick and sturdy that I decided to cut a few pieces from the box to use for some craft projects. That’s when I came up with the idea to make this beautiful sign for my wall:
I think it’s one of the prettiest projects I’ve done all week!
Supplies I used:
- Artificial Flowers
- Pink Acrylic Paint
- White Chalk Paint
- Gold Glitter Cardstock
- Glue Stick
- Glue Gun
- Foam Brush
- Paint the cardboard piece with white chalk paint. Let the paint dry for a couple of hours.
- Use a ruler and pencil to draw stripes on the cardboard.
- Apply pink paint to every other stripe. Let the paint dry.
- Write letters on a sheet of cardstock, then cut them out with scissors.
- Use a glue stick to adhere the paper letters to the sign.
- Finally, glue artificial flowers around the top of the sign with a hot glue gun. The sign is now ready to display!
I hope you all enjoyed my new project. I also hope that it inspires you to find creative ways to turn “junk” into treasure!