Thanksgiving is just a few weeks away! It’s time to start planning recipes, guest arrangements, decorations, etc.
For today’s craft project, I am showing how I made simple and elegant place cards for my dinner table. This idea was inspired by a video from Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores. I enjoy making my decorations for Thanksgiving because it seems like all the stores have forgotten about the holiday. I saw lots of Halloween and Christmas decor, but only a tiny shelf with Thanksgiving products. So I will make sure to add some more Thanksgiving posts to my blog this month.
These cards will add a lovely touch to your table and leave your guests feeling extra special. The best part is that they are quick and easy to make in under 15 minutes.
Here’s the supply list:
- Purple Cardstock
- Faux Leaves
- Hot Glue Gun
- Floral Wire Cutters
- Gold, Black Sharpie Markers
- Cut the cardstock paper into squares or another shape.
- Write one name on each card with the gold Sharpie marker, then outline the letters with a black marker.
- Place a clothespin on the bottom of each card.
- Use the wire cutters to clip the faux leaves.
- Insert and hot glue the leaves on each side of the clothespin, and that’s it. You’re all done!
How easy was that? You can lay a card on top of each plate, or you can stand the cards upright on your table.
Thanks for reading!