Today I am showing you how to turn inexpensive paperback books into pretty decor for your home. This tutorial also works for hardcover books. Continue reading below for some creative inspiration.
Materials You’ll Need:
- Decorative Wrapping Paper
- Lace Ribbon
- Artificial Flowers
- Clear Tape
- Spread out the wrapping paper on a table.
- Lay a book on the underside of the paper.
- Trace the book on the paper with a pencil. Add an extra inch to the outline you traced to allow you to wrap the paper around the book cover. Then cut the paper around the book.
- Don’t worry if the paper isn’t perfectly cut. These books will only be used for decoration.
- Open the front cover of the book. Fold the left side of the paper over the top of the cover. Crease the paper then tape it to the book cover.
- Fold the right side of the paper over the back cover of the book. Tape the paper as you go.
- Make small cuts on the paper around the spine of the book so that you can fold and tape the paper to the top and bottom of the book covers.
Here is one of the finished books:
The next steps are optional.
I covered three books with paper, and then I added some ribbon and flowers to them. I put extra decorations on the books to match a project I made a few weeks ago.
I love the shabby chic look of these covered books. I can’t wait to display them on a bookshelf in my room!