Today, I am sharing with you how to make a beautiful crepe paper flower wreath. I made this wreath while I was binge watching shows on Netflix. I found a package of unopened crepe paper streamers in my closet that I bought several months ago. It took me back to a time when I used to make crepe paper flowers in high school for Homecoming decorations. I had lots of fun creating this project, and I ended up with a lovely wreath!
Supplies I Used:
- 10 in. Foam Wreath
- White Acrylic Paint
- 1 Roll of Crepe Paper Streamer (81 ft. x 1.75 in.)
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Foam Brush
- Pearl Beads
Follow these steps to make your own wreath:
1. Cut a 20 inch strip of the crepe paper streamer.
2. Fold the strip in half.
3. Fray the paper with scissors. Cut down to almost the bottom of the paper.
4. Roll the crepe paper, then staple the bottom.
5. Begin pulling down each paper petal until it resembles a flower.
6. Repeat the previous steps to make enough flowers to cover your wreath. (I made 20 flowers for my wreath.)
7. Paint the foam wreath, and let it dry for about an hour.
8. Use a glue gun to glue the flowers on the wreath.
9. When the wreath is completely covered with crepe paper flowers, hang it on your door with some type of string or ribbon. (I used a strand of pearl beads to hang my wreath.)