Today, I am sharing another map craft project! I am a little obsessed with collecting maps and using them in my home. Maps are not just for directions. They can help you tell a story or commemorate a happy time in your life.
I recently bought a roll of map wrapping paper, and I knew I wanted to use it to make some type of wall art. This wrapping paper is so lightweight and easy to use. I was able to complete my project in under an hour.
Supplies I Used:
- Map Wrapping Paper
- 11″ x 14″ Picture Frame
- Mod Podge (Satin)
- Foam Brush
- Sharpie Marker (Black)
- Chalk Paint (White)
Steps to make the map art:
1. Remove the glass and backing from the frame.
2. Paint the frame with 1-2 coats of chalk paint. Let it dry for about an hour.
3.Cut a piece of the map wrapping paper to cover the frame backing.
4. Apply a layer of Mod Podge on the frame backing. Then, cover it with the map paper. Use your fingers to smooth out any wrinkles in the paper.
5. Use a black Sharpie marker to write a quote on the glass. Since I do not have nice handwriting, I printed out some words (Segoe Script font) on paper and used it as a guide to trace on the glass.
6. Finally, put the frame back together. You can either hang it on your wall or display it on a table or desk.
Enjoy, and don’t forget to share your comments below!