I wanted to share with you all my version of pine cone ornaments. This was my first time doing a craft project using pine cones. I had a lot of fun making these beautiful ornaments and adding a bit of nature to my Christmas decor.
I used the following supplies:
- Pine Cones
- Snow Spray
- Jute Rope
- Hot Glue Gun
1. Go outside and pick pine cones.
2. Bake the pine cones in the oven at 200° for about 40-45 minutes. This will get rid of the bugs that are sometimes on the pine cones.
3. Remove pine cones from the oven and let cool.
4. Spray pine cones with snow spray. I bought a small can of it at a dollar store in the Christmas decor section. The spray is easy to use and dries after a few minutes.
5. Cut jute rope into 8 inch long pieces, and use the hot glue gun to glue the ends of the rope to the top of the pine cones.
6. Make a bow for the pine cones using decorative ribbon.
7. Use the hot glue gun again to glue the bows on the pine cones.
Here are the finished ornaments:
The ornaments are so lovely, and give my mantel a rustic look. I think I will do this project again next Christmas!