I bought organic cake mix made by Foodstirs© and ended up baking some delicious cupcakes for a party. The cupcakes were topped off with organic frosting made by Simple Mills©, followed by candy pearls and decorations. You might be able to find the cake mix and frosting at a nearby grocery store, if not, click here and here to order online.
- Foodstirs© Organic Sweet Vanilla Cake Mix
- Simple Mills© Organic Vanilla Frosting
- 9 tbsp. butter, softened at room temperature
- 6 tbsp. milk
- 6 tbsp. yogurt (plain or Greek)
- Electric Mixer
- Mixing Bowl
- Cupcake Liners
- Cupcake Pans
- Measuring Spoons
Yields about 18 cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Place liners inside the muffin pans.
- Mix all ingredients on a low speed until just combined, then mix on high for about 1 minute. Scrape the bowl as needed.
- Use a spoon to scoop batter into the muffin pans. Fill each cupcake liner about 2/3 full.
- Bake cupcakes for 17-20 minutes. Insert a toothpick into the center of the cakes to make sure it comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes set for about 5 minutes, then carefully remove from pans and let them cool completely.
- Add icing and decorations to the cooled cupcakes. Enjoy!
These cupcakes are tasty with just enough sweetness for all you sugar lovers. I love the fact that both products include natural ingredients, so you can feel confident that you are not feeding yourself any weird ingredients. Regular boxed cake mixes have a lighter taste, but this organic cake mix tastes more homemade with its dense texture. I look forward to trying the other products these two companies sell.
***The cupcake liners were bought at Michaels.
***The cupcake toppers are stickers I bought at Hobby Lobby. I glued a toothpick on the back of each sticker then I inserted them into the cupcakes.
Thanks for reading!
One thought on “Organic Cake Mix Cupcakes”