Unicorn-themed parties and projects are trendy right now. So many people (young and old) have an obsession with the mythical and magical creatures. Unicorns take me back to my childhood when life was just more innocent, fun, and carefree. So for today’s tutorial, I am reclaiming my youthful joy by sharing my unicorn bouquet project. This bouquet is excellent for table centerpieces, gifts, and party decorations.
Continue reading below for the instructions.
- White Metal Bucket – Medium
- Silk Flower Bouquet
- Floral Wire Cutters
- Floral Styrofoam
- Gold Glitter Cardstock
- White Cardstock
- Black Glitter Cardstock
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
1. Place floral foam inside of the metal bucket.
2. Prepare the flowers by cutting the stems with the wire cutters. The length of the stems should be slightly shorter than the height of the bucket.
3. Insert each flower one at a time into the foam. Don’t insert the flower stems all the way through the foam, but just enough so that the flowers can stand vertically on their own.
4. Continue adding flowers until the floral foam is no longer visible. I like to place flowers by order of their size: large, small, large, small, etc. Fill any empty spaces with greenery or smaller flowers. Then, shift and fluff the flowers to make sure the arrangement looks full.
5. Use the gold glitter cardstock to make a unicorn horn. Cut the cardstock to the size you desire for the horn, then roll it into a cone shape.
6. Use scissors to cut the white cardstock and gold glitter cardstock into the inner and outer ear shapes. Glue them together.
7. Insert the horn and the ears on top of the bouquet.
8. Cut the black cardstock into eyelash shapes, and then glue them on the front of the bucket.
9. The unicorn bouquet is now ready to enjoy and display!
One thought on “Unicorn Flower Bouquet”