Don’t you just love decorating your door for different holidays and seasons? Well, I do too, and today I am sharing a quick and easy decor project that’s perfect for the spring and summer months.
I know that wreaths are a favorite way to add a little personality to a door, but I decided to reuse a chalkboard and turn it into a welcoming door sign.
Continue reading below for the instructions.
- Large oval chalkboard (17 in. x 14 in.)
- Pink chalk paint
- White chalk paint
- Artificial flowers
- Wood letter (9 in.)
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- String or ribbon
- Foam Brush
1. Paint the chalkboard with the chalk paint. I used about two coats to cover the board. Also, paint the wood letter with the white chalk paint. Let the paint dry for a couple of hours.
2. Using a hot glue gun, adhere the wood letter to the center of the board.
3. Arrange the flowers then glue them around the board.
4. Finally, form string or ribbon into a loop and then adhere it to the back of the board so that you can hang it on your door or wall.
I love the way this craft project turned out. I have it hanging on my door right now, and I can’t wait to show it off!