Keep warm for the rest of winter with this delicious and colorful hot chocolate recipe.
Makes up to 5 servings
- 8 oz. Premium White Chocolate
- 5 Cups of Milk
- 1 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-2 tbsps. Pink Food Color
- Chop the white chocolate, and then combine it with the milk in a medium saucepan.
- Simmer the mixture (but do not boil) over medium heat. Stir until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Mix the vanilla extract and food coloring into the hot chocolate. Add more coloring if needed.
- Pour the hot chocolate into mugs and top with marshmallows. Enjoy!
Sidenote: I found this awesome plant-based food coloring on amazon.com. It’s a powder instead of the usual liquid food coloring, so you will have to mix it with water before adding it to your food. It’s also artificial dye free, Non-GMO, gluten-free. The colors are made from turmeric, beet, and Spirulina extracts.
Thanks for reading! If you try this recipe, let me know how it turns out. And feel free to tweak the ingredients to fit your taste.