Continue reading below to learn how to make a crate dollhouse. It’s a lovely and creative handmade project that’s perfect for the doll lover in your life.
- 2 Large Wooden CD Crates [Dimensions: 17.9 x 5.8 x 4.4 inches (L x W x H)]
- Dollhouse Furniture
- Americana® Decor™ Chalky Paint: Innocence Pink
- Decorative Wrapping Paper
- Mod Podge Glue for Paper
- Foam Brush
- Wood Glue
1. Paint the crates with the foam brush and chalk paint. Let them dry completely before moving on to the next step.
2. Trim the wrapping paper to fit inside of the crates. Glue the paper with Mod Podge. Let the paper dry.
3. Adhere the crates together with wood glue. Let the glue set and dry for several hours. You may even let the crates set overnight to make sure that they securely glue together.
4. Add dollhouse furniture to each section of the crates.
5. Add other embellishments and decorations to the crate dollhouse or leave as is.
And that’s it! Get ready for hours of fun times and pretend play. The crate dollhouse is the perfect size to hold all the miniature furniture, and you can carry it around to just about anywhere!
This dollhouse is one of my favorite projects to date. I’m such a kid-at-heart when it comes to toys. I love dollhouses because it reminds me of the happy and innocent times of my childhood. In the past, I could play with my dolls and dollhouses all day. Now, I can’t wait to pass this handmade gift on to my nieces.
Thanks for reading! Feel free to share and comment below.
4 thoughts on “DIY Crate Dollhouse”
This brings back so many memories! When I was a kid in the 70s there was a play set called The Sunshine Family that encouraged making your own furnishings and clothes for the dolls. I think we had as much fun making the furnishings from recycled/repurposed items as we did playing with the dolls! Thanks for sharing your beautiful project with us at Creatively Crafty #ccbg 🙂