I love wreaths. I love them even more when the wreaths are big and beautiful!
While browsing on Pinterest, I saw some lovely wreath projects made with hula hoops. The instructions seemed simple to do, so I went to a store and bought a $1 hula hoop and some other supplies to make this awesome wreath that is either perfect for party decorations or just a unique way to decorate your home.
Follow the steps below for inspiration.
- “Hey Y’all” Wooden Sign
- Artificial Flowers
- Large Hula Hoop
- Rust-Oleum Gold Spray Paint
- DecoArt Metallic Acrylic Paint (Rich Espresso)
- Hot Glue Gun
- Gold-colored String
- Foam Brush
- Gather all the supplies
- Paint the hula hoop with gold spray paint. Make sure to paint in a well-ventilated and covered area. Let the hoop dry.
- Paint the “Hey Y’all” wooden sign with the acrylic paint. I bought this sign from the Unfinished Wood Co. I was born and raised in Mississippi, so the word “Y’all” is a part of my everyday vocabulary!
- Use the gold-colored string to tie the wooden sign inside of the hula hoop.
- Now it’s time to use the hot glue gun to adhere the flowers to the hoop.
I decided to use a different set of flowers instead of the ones previously posted because I like the color of these flowers better.
- Continue gluing the flowers until you have them arranged the way you want.
- The wreath is now ready to hang on your wall, door, or some other fun place in your home.
Thanks for reading. I hope you all enjoyed this fun wreath project. Have a great day!