I can’t believe it’s already the month of May! This year is going by so quickly. As some of you may know, Mother’s Day is celebrated in the U.S. on the second Sunday in May. In honor of this wonderful day, I am sharing a craft project that expresses love for moms all over the world.
Continue reading for instructions and inspiration.
- Unfinished Wood Sign (purchased from the Unfinished Wood Co.)
- Chalk Paint (Colors: Sheepskin and Pink)
- Large Flower
- Floral Print Paper
- Glue Stick
- Foam Brush
- Hot Glue Gun
- I began by painting the wood canvas. My favorite type of paint to use is chalk paint because it dries quickly and doesn’t take a lot to cover an object.
- After the paint had dried, I cut a sheet of floral print paper to fit on the back of the project.
- I adhered the paper to the letters with a glue stick.
- Next, I lightly grazed the front of the project with pink chalk paint to give it a distressed look. Then, I let the paint dry for about 30 minutes.
- Finally, I glued a large flower between the L and V with a hot glue gun.
Don’t you just LOVE this gorgeous sign? As I mentioned earlier, this beautiful project is perfect for a Mother’s Day gift, or you can keep it for yourself!