I have mentioned this before, but I enjoy finding new ways to reuse and repurpose old items in my home. I hate throwing things away before finding out if I can give it a makeover.
For today’s blog post, I am showing how I updated an old shutter with paint and flowers.
I’m in the process of decorating my house for Spring, so I made sure this project was bright and colorful.
Continue reading below for the instructions and inspiration.
- Vinyl Shutter
- Artificial Flowers
- Valspar® Color Radiance
- Clean any dirt or debris on the shutter.
- In a well-ventilated area, spray paint the shutter. I used about 2-3 coats of the paint.
The spray paint made by Valspar is pretty impressive. I could spray multiple coats in a shorter amount of time, and there wasn’t any excessive dripping.
- Add flowers to the shutter by pushing the stems through the panels.
- Continue arranging the flowers in a design of your choice.
- The shutter is now ready to display. You can add other decorations and embellishments to it or just leave it as is.
I love turning trash into treasure!