Welcome everyone! I’m so happy to share my first DIY project of the year.
I came up with this idea while thinking of ways to be more positive in 2017. Last year was so crazy and negative that now I want to take every opportunity to surround myself with encouraging affirmations. And, of course, a little glitter doesn’t hurt either!
Read the instructions below to learn how I made this pretty and sparkly tray.
- Wood Tray
- Chalk Paint (Seaside Villa)
- Gold Glitter
- Mod Podge
- Foam Brush
- Clear Sealant Spray
- Cricut Explore Air
- Gold Glitter Vinyl
I began by painting the tray with the chalk paint. About 2-3 coats entirely covered the tray. I enjoy working with chalk paint because it dries quickly, and I like the chalky finish.
- I let the paint dry for several hours, and then I applied glue and glitter on the rim and handles of the tray.
- Let the glue and glitter dry for a couple of hours, then seal the tray with a clear sealant spray.
- For the next part of the project, I used my Cricut cutting machine to make the phrase for the tray.
- This machine makes home decor and craft projects so much easier. All I have to do is design the projects through the Design Space® software then let the machine cut the material.
- Finally, I applied the vinyl to the tray with transfer tape.
I love my new tray! It’s so fun to look at it and use every day.
What projects are you all working on this year? Please feel free to share in the comment section below.
Have a great day!