Christmas is such a beautiful day to spend with family and friends, but it can also be the cause of lots of stressful events. I always try to find moments to just relax and have fun, which is what led me to make these funny spa ornaments.
Several people I know are receiving gift certificates to their favorite spas for Christmas. So this DIY ornament project is for all my friends and for anyone who needs a reminder to have a little bit of rest and relaxation this holiday season.
Supplies I Used:
- 4 Clear Plastic Ornaments (3.15 in.)
- Acrylic Paint (Colors: Coral, Java, Lite Mocha, Khaki)
- Chalk Acrylic Paint (Color: Mint Green)
- White Cloth
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Small Paint Brush
1. Remove the tops from the ornaments, and then pour a different color paint inside of each one.
2. Swirl the paint until it completely covers the inside of the decorations. Carefully turn them over on a covered board or plate so that the excess paint can drain out. Let the ornaments sit and dry (I let them dry overnight).
3. Place eyelash and lip stickers on the ornaments. I bought these lovely stickers at Hobby Lobby.
4. Paint around the stickers with the chalk paint. Paint as if you are applying face mask cream. Let the ornaments dry completely.
5. For the last steps, cut strips of cloth to fit around the top of each ornament. I used an old pillowcase. Wrap the fabric as if you were placing it on your head after a wash or shower. I also had to use a hot glue gun to keep the cloth strips in place on the ornaments.
Here are more photos of the finished ornaments:
Aren’t they cute?
Thanks for reading! I hope you all have a peaceful and enjoyable Christmas.