I recently started cleaning and organizing my craft closet. That is when I discovered that I owned a bunch of unused picture frames. For some reason, I like to buy picture frames when I visit dollar stores. I also found some faux bird’s nests I purchased during the Easter holiday that I never used. Being the crafty lady that I am, I decided to do a fun project where I combined the frames and nests. The combination turned into beautiful wall art.
- Picture Frames
- FolkArt ® Home Decor™ Chalk – Seaside Villa
- Paint Brush
- Faux Bird’s Nests
- Small Wood Slices
- Decorative Scrapbook Paper
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Jute Twine (optional)
1. Take the picture frame apart.
2. Paint the frames with chalk paint. Set them aside to dry. I only used about one coat of paint to give the frames a more distressed look.
3. Cut the scrapbook paper to fit inside the frames, and then put the picture frames back together without the glass.
4. Glue the nests and wood slices on top of the paper.
5. Tie jute twine into a bow and then glue it at the top of the frames for decoration (optional). The wall art is now ready to display and enjoy!
Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed my latest project. Please feel free to share.
Have a great day,