Welcome! Today I am showing you how to make your own paper hot air balloon. This craft project is perfect for a child’s room or party decorations.
Check out the tutorial below for inspiration.
- Paper Lantern
- Scrapbook Paper
- Jute Twine
- Glue Gun
- Craft Embellishments
- Assemble the paper lantern, then cut a sheet of scrapbook paper in half.
- Roll the scrapbook paper into a cylinder shape. Glue or staple the paper together to keep the shape in place. This will be the basket for the hot air balloon.
- Glue ribbon on the lantern and on the top and bottom of the paper basket.
- Tie jute twine strings inside of the lantern, then glue the end of the strings inside of the paper basket.
- Tie a ribbon on the top of the lantern, then add decorative embellishments. The hot air balloon is now ready to be displayed. You can hang it from the ceiling or hang it on a hook in a room.
This is such a fun project that’s very easy to make. Please feel free to share it on Pinterest and other social media sites. Thanks!