Hi everyone! I mentioned in an earlier post that I am challenging myself to not buy anymore craft supplies until I use up all the supplies I already own. The struggle is real because I receive coupon offers everyday from my favorite craft stores, but I am proud to say that I have not bought anything for several weeks!
Today’s blog post is the result of creative thinking. I always wanted to own some unique coasters, and what’s more unique than coasters made out of mosaic tile?
Check out the tutorial below.
- Mosaic Tile
- Cork Board Roll
- Xacto Knife
- Decoupage Adhesive
- Scrapbook Paper
- Hot Glue Gun
- Arrange the mosaic tiles on the cork board sheet. Apply hot glue on the bottom and sides of the tiles, then attach them to the cork board.
- Trim the cork board around the tiles with the Xacto Knife.
- Trim a sheet of scrapbook paper to fit on top of the tile coasters.
- Glue the paper with the decoupage adhesive. Let the paper dry for about an hour.
- Seal the decoupaged paper with another layer of the adhesive. Let the top coat set for about 2 hours. The coasters are now ready to use.
These coasters also make lovely handmade gifts!
FYI: The mosaic tiles can be purchased at craft stores or home improvement stores.