I had a fun idea to turn a piece of cardboard into wall art. I’m a firm believer that almost anything can be reused, so I make sure to save a lot of glass bottles, cardboard boxes, etc. for my craft projects.
For this particular project, I decided to go with a bird and nature theme. I made sure that the art had a three-dimensional look. I also wanted the art to be light and colorful since the weather is warming up and the season is about to change.
Here is the finished piece:
I think it’s awesome! The best part is that I was able to use materials that were a part of nature as well as items that were just lying around my house.
Keep scrolling to view the supply list and instructions for this lovely wall art project.
- Decorative Wrapping Paper
- Decoupage Glue
- Cricut Explore Air
- Foam Brush
- Adhesive Foam Squares
- Tree Twig
- Pink Spray Paint
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- First, I cut a rectangle out of a cardboard box to use as my base.
- Then, I cut a piece of the wrapping paper to decoupage it on top of the cardboard. The decoupage adhesive I used was Mod Podge® Paper, Gloss.
- Next, I found a twig in my yard and painted it with pink spray paint.
- Once the paint dried, I glued the twig on the cardboard with a hot glue gun.
- I’m not very good at drawing, so I used my Cricut Explore Air cutting machine and software to make birds for my project.
Here’s what the birds look like on the software app:
And here’s what the birds look like after I pieced them together:
- I placed about five foam adhesive squares on the back of each paper bird. The foam squares give the birds height and dimension so that they won’t lie flat on the board.
- Finally, I placed each bird above the twig to finish the look.
Thanks for reading. This cardboard wall art is by far one of my favorite and most creative projects of the year.
Tell me what you think in the comments section below.
Have a great day!
One thought on “DIY Wall Art Made Out of Cardboard”
I love recycling things which were destined for the bin, and this is a lovely way to do so