Today’s blog post is a fun project that is inspired by things found in nature.
There was a severe thunderstorm in my area a little while ago. These storms can cause lots of damage. Thankfully, the only problem was a few tree branches and limbs in my yard. Most people would see the debris as trash, but my crafty mind came up with a way to turn the tree limb into home decor.
This project is so easy to do. I completed it in under an hour with a lot of supplies I already had in storage!
Follow the directions below for inspiration.
- Tree Limb
- Burlap Jute Rope (1 yd.)
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Faux Flowers
- Wire Cutters
- Pull the faux flowers from the stems or remove the flowers with wire cutters.
- Adhere the flowers on the limb with a hot glue gun.
- Tie the jute rope around both ends of the limb.
- At the top, tie a knot in the rope to make a small loop.
- Finally, hang the floral limb on a wall or door.
So simple and lovely! I’m all about uncomplicated and inexpensive crafts that don’t take a lot of time to complete.
This project is one of my favorites because I had to challenge myself to figure out a new way to use the broken tree limb. And now I am going to challenge you all to look around your yards and find some things outside that you can use for a craft project. Gather pine cones, acorns, tree branches or anything outside you can find and turn into something beautiful!