Globes are a lovely way to decorate your home. I own several globes, and I plan on collecting more in the near future. My hope is to have a room that looks like this collage of photos I found on Pinterest:
But until then, a girl can only dream and create beautiful projects like the one I’m sharing for today’s blog post.
I like to go to thrift shops almost every weekend. A couple of new thrift stores opened in my city, and I enjoy browsing the shelves for different items to purchase and repurpose. I saw this globe and bought it at a Goodwill store at a low price.
When I brought it home, I discovered that the globe didn’t spin anymore and had lots of dents at the bottom. Since I couldn’t add it to my collection, I decided to give the globe a girly makeover. With just a little paint and some embellishments, I turned the defective item into a playful expression of my personality.
Follow the instructions below for inspiration.
- Large Globe
- Pink Chalk Paint
- Miniature Artificial Flowers
- Gold Sharpie Marker
- Gold Spray Paint
- Stencil (Optional)
- Foam Brush
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Clean the globe before painting it.
- Remove the globe from the stand.
- Paint the stand with the gold spray paint. Set it to the side to let it dry.
- Paint the globe with the foam paintbrush and pink chalk paint. Let the paint dry for several hours. (I used about two coats of the paint to cover the globe.)
- Use a gold Sharpie marker and stencil (optional) to write a phrase on the globe.
- Place the globe back on the stand. Now glue on the different flowers, bows, and embellishments for decoration.
And that’s it!
Thanks for reading. I enjoy sharing my projects with you all each week and hearing your feedback. So feel free to share.
Have a great day!