I love this time of year when the weather is cooler, and the leaves are starting to fall. I also love decorating for this season. I can’t pass up buying a bunch of pumpkins for my home. I recently bought a few foam pumpkins from a dollar store. I was going to paint them, but then I decided they would look even better covered with beautiful fabric.
Continue reading below for the tutorial.
- 6″ Foam Pumpkins
- Decoupage Glue
- Paint Brush
- Wax Paper or Parchment Paper (optional)
- Gather all the supplies.
- Cut the fabric into strips about 2 inches wide and 6 inches long. Make sure to cut enough strips to cover the pumpkin.
- Brush a thin layer of decoupage glue where you will place the first piece of fabric.
- Lay the fabric strip on the pumpkin, and then brush it with more decoupage glue. Use your fingers or the paint brush to remove any wrinkles in the fabric.
- Continue the previous steps until the pumpkin is completely covered. Make sure to overlap each fabric strip.
- Place the pumpkin on a piece of wax or parchment paper, so that it won’t stick to anything while it dries.
My three pumpkins turned out beautifully. I love the graphics on the fabric as well as the colors. Since the pumpkins aren’t real, I can display them for months and not have to worry about them rotting!
How are you all decorating your pumpkins this year? Share your ideas in the comment section.
Thanks for reading!