I’m in the mood for some pretty decor. That means a lot of things in my home are about to get a makeover. Nothing is safe!
As many of you may know, I like to save and reuse food containers. Glass pasta sauce jars are perfect for craft projects. I feel so creative when I think of new ways to use old things. It also helps me save money because I don’t have to go to a store and buy more jars and supplies.
This project is fun and versatile. I can use the jars as table centerpieces for my home or as decorations for a party.
Supplies I Used:
- Krylon Spray Paint (Color: Ballet Slipper)
- Glass Jars
- Extra Fine Glitter (Gold)
- Mod Podge (Gloss)
- Blue Painter’s Tape
- Foam Brush.
1. Wash and dry the jars.
2. Cover your work area so that you won’t get paint everywhere. Turn the jars upside down and apply two light coats of the spray paint. Make sure the paint dries between each coat. Only paint in a well-ventilated area. I let the jars dry about 3 hours before I moved on to the next step.
3. Wrap the painter’s tape about 2-3 inches from the bottom of the jars. This is the area where you will add the glitter and Mod Podge.
4. Use a foam brush to apply a layer of Mod Podge on each jar. Cover the bottom of the jars with gold glitter. Let the glitter dry for about 1 hour, then seal it with another layer of Mod Podge. Let the glitter dry again for about 1-2 hours.
5. Cut out strips of ribbon to tie a bow around the mouth of each jar.
6. Add flowers and display your new decorations!
I decided to place the jars on my mantel along with a small birdcage I bought from Michaels.
2 thoughts on “Paint and Glitter Jars”