I am in love with white decor and have researched beautiful and fun ways I can add the color inside my home. Chalk paint is very popular at the moment, and I wanted to use it for this project. When I saw some white chalk paint for sale at a low price, I immediately bought a couple of bottles and painted some old mason jars I had in my cabinet.
- 3 Mason Jars (size: 1 qt.)
- Foam Brush
- Chalk Paint (Colors: Plaster and Maui Sand)
- Jute Rope
- Key Embellishments
- Glue Gun
- Glue Sticks
1. Clean jars. I cleaned them with dish soap and warm water.
2. Paint. I applied the chalk paint with a foam brush. I used the darker colored paint first, let it dry for about 2 – 3 hours, then I painted a coat of the white chalk paint.
3. Distress the jars. After the paint dries, distress the jars with sandpaper. I used 150 grit sandpaper. Sanding is probably one of my least favorite things to do, so I completed this job very quickly, and mostly sanded the raised parts on the jars.
4. Add embellishments. I spread glue around the mouth of the jar with a hot glue gun. Then I wrapped the jute rope on top of the glue. I also tied a key embellishment on one of the jars for decoration.
5. Add Flowers. You can use real or artificial flowers. I chose artificial flowers because they were cheaper and will last longer.
Simple and pretty!