I love Autumn! One of my favorite days of the season to celebrate is Halloween. I enjoy all the costumes, candy, and watching scary movies. Another thing I enjoy is making Halloween treats and snacks. I believe that Halloween is the perfect time to be as fun and creative as possible.
Continue reading below for two fun and easy dessert ideas that are perfect for Halloween parties.
As I’ve said several times on this blog, I am not good at baking. So for this recipe, I made sure to use a boxed chocolate cake mix!
- Pillsbury™ Traditional Chocolate Cake Mix
- Vegetable Oil
- Chocolate Frosting
- Halloween Candy
- Oreos (or some other brand of chocolate sandwich cookies)
1. Follow the preparation and baking instructions on the back of the cake mix box.
2. Remove the baked cake from the oven and let cool.
3. Spread chocolate frosting on top of the cake.
4. Crumble the pack of cookies in a plastic bag, and then layer the crumbs on top of the frosted cake.
5. Add Halloween candies and other Halloween decorations on the cake.
And that’s it for this quick and easy Halloween cake. My recipe cost about $8 to make because I bought the ingredients and the plastic skeleton at Dollar Tree. The house cutout that you see is an image I found online. You can place any Halloween themed item of your choice on the cake. It’s all about having fun and being creative!
- Oreos (or another brand of sandwich cookies)
- Candy Melts (purple, orange)
- Mini Candy Eyes
- Halloween Themed Sprinkles
1. Melt the candy melts in two separate bowls.
2. Place a cookie on a fork, and then dip it into the candy melts.
3. Gently shake off the excess candy. Then place the cookie on a sheet of wax or a cooling rack.
4. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each cookie.
5. Decorate the cookies with sprinkles and candy eyes.
6. Let the cookies cool and set. Enjoy!
These cookies are perfect to decorate with children. Just make sure that the melted candy is not too hot. My son had a great time placing the eyes on the cookies!
Thanks for reading about my simple and sweet Halloween desserts. I enjoy sharing my crafty creations with you all. Let me know in the comments what kind of projects you’re working on for Halloween.