I love to recycle and reuse old supplies. Shopping at craft and home decor stores can be expensive, so I’m always looking around my house for things that I can give a makeover or reuse for half the price.
Today I’m sharing a few repurposed craft projects I created using items I already own. Instead of throwing things away, I decided to turn trash into treasure.
Book Page Cake Centerpiece
I came up with this idea after trying to decide what kind of centerpiece to make for a baby shower. I love book themed projects, so I took a bunch of cheap romance novels from my sister and created a fairytale themed centerpiece.
- 1 Book
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Faux Flowers and Other Embellishments
1. Tear several pages from a book. I suggest using a cheap book you can buy at a dollar store and not some classic or expensive book that has a lot of value.
2. Slightly fold the page leaving a gap at one end, then glue together the other end. Continue this step until you have your desired number of folded sheets of paper.
3. For the smaller top tier, arrange and then adhere the pages into a circle shape.
4. For the bottom tier, gather twice the amount of paper. Repeat the previous step and then glue another set of folded sheets in between the current pages.
5. Hot glue the top and bottom tiers together.
6. Finally, adhere flowers and other embellishments on the book page cake. I chose to decorate my cake with paper flowers, a white feather boa, and a swan ornament I bought last Christmas.
And that’s it! This project was a lot of fun to make. You can create several of these book page cakes for just the price of one or two books.
Now I want to share some photos of other projects I created over the past few weeks. All the crafts are made with items in my home that I reused.
Paper Roll Desk Organizer
Paint and glue together old paper rolls. Place the organizer on your desk and use it as a way to keep track of your supplies.
Picture Frame Crafts
- Paint and add paper and faux flowers to an old picture frame.
- Reuse the glass from a picture frame and turn it into a place card for your table.
Reuse Small Boxes
Do you have some small cardboard boxes that you’re thinking about throwing in the trash? Well, save a few of those boxes and turn them into art projects.
Model Truck Planter
A fun way to plant succulents and other flowers!
Thanks for reading! Let me know which project is your favorite.
2 thoughts on “8 Repurposed Craft Projects”
LOVE them all, but my favorite is the book page cake centerpiece! Those would be beaaaaaautiful at a baby shower or wedding!
Reblogged this on Tracey in Maine.