Happy Friday! Today I am sharing a tutorial on how to make a floating teacup. I first saw photos of this floral project on Pinterest, and I couldn’t wait to make one for myself!
- Hot Glue Gun
- Super Glue
- Artificial Flowers
- Bend the fork at the end to make a slight L-shape. I used a cheap fork I bought at a dollar store because it was easier to bend and shape.
- Apply a generous amount of hot glue on the saucer.
- Flatten the prong part of the fork into the hot glue, and then use another generous amount of hot glue on top of the fork.
- Glue the handle inside of the teacup. I used both a hot glue gun and super glue under and on top of the handle to keep it in place.
- Grab the flowers and glue gun and begin adhering flowers on the fork handle, on the saucer, and inside the teacup.
- The floating teacup is now ready to display!
*** This was my first time doing the teacup project, so a lot of the steps were trial and error. Below are some tips that I learned along the way that may be helpful if you decide to make a floating teacup:
- Use small flowers. I only had large flowers, but I think that smaller flowers would look much better with the teacup and saucers.
- Glue the fork closer to the middle of the saucer. I hot glued the fork towards the outer part of the saucer which made the project tilt once I glued on the teacup.
And that’s it! Thanks for reading, and have a great day.