I’m in the mood for some pretty decor. That means a lot of things in my home are about to get a makeover. Nothing is safe!
As many of you may know, I like to save and reuse food containers. Glass pasta sauce jars are perfect for craft projects. I feel so creative when I think of new ways to use old things. It also helps me save money because I don’t have to go to a store and buy more jars and supplies.
This project is fun and versatile. I can use the jars as table centerpieces for my home or as decorations for a party.
Supplies I Used:
- Krylon Spray Paint (Color: Ballet Slipper)
- Glass Jars
- Extra Fine Glitter (Gold)
- Mod Podge (Gloss)
- Blue Painter’s Tape
- Foam Brush.
1. Wash and dry the jars.
2. Cover your work area so that you won’t get paint everywhere. Turn the jars upside down and apply two light coats of the spray paint. Make sure the paint dries between each coat. Only paint in a well-ventilated area. I let the jars dry about 3 hours before I moved on to the next step.
3. Wrap the painter’s tape about 2-3 inches from the bottom of the jars. This is the area where you will add the glitter and Mod Podge.
4. Use a foam brush to apply a layer of Mod Podge on each jar. Cover the bottom of the jars with gold glitter. Let the glitter dry for about 1 hour, then seal it with another layer of Mod Podge. Let the glitter dry again for about 1-2 hours.
5. Cut out strips of ribbon to tie a bow around the mouth of each jar.
6. Add flowers and display your new decorations!
I decided to place the jars on my mantel along with a small birdcage I bought from Michaels.
Instead of my usual craft tutorials, I am using today’s blog post to share with you some photos of one of the projects I made for myself. I love decorative clothes hangers because they are the perfect way to make my closet look beautiful and organized. I recently bought a set of plain, wooden hangers that I gave a shabby chic makeover.
The thing I liked most about this craft project is that it was a fun way to express my creativity. I took a glue gun, some ribbon, beads, paint, and embellishments and made designs on the hangers. I didn’t plan or over think what I was going to do. I just went with whatever I felt at the time and added some feminine and pretty decorations to the wooden hangers.
Enjoy the photos, and hopefully they will inspire you to decorate your own hangers!
Welcome to another craft roundup! Every week I will share with you some of my favorite craft projects. The theme for this week is decorating office supplies.
Have you ever bought some items and thought they would look better if you added your own designs? Well, that’s how I felt about the supplies I bought for my office. There’s no way a crafty and creative person like me can have a plain stapler and pencils sitting on her desk!
- Glitter Pencils – Apply glue around the top part of the pencils, sprinkle glitter on the glue, then let the pencils dry for about 1-2 hours. Seal the glitter with another layer of glue.
- Gold Painted Clipboard and Notepad – Apply designs to the items with a gold paint pen.
- Glitter Thumbtacks – Apply glue to the thumbtacks, then cover them with glitter. Seal the glitter on the thumbtacks with Mod Podge Dimensional Magic.
- Glitter Office Supplies – I completed this project about a month ago. I like the sparkly supplies so much that I wanted to share them again! (click here for tutorial)
Enjoy, and join me again for next week’s craft roundup!
This floral centerpiece is the perfect project for weddings, parties, or a table in your home. It only took me about 20 minutes to complete, and all the supplies came from dollar stores.
Supplies I used:
- Glue Gun
- Glue Sticks
- 7.9 in. x 1.5 in. Floral Foam Ring
- Artificial flowers
1. Cut the flowers and leaves from the stems.
2. Poke holes into the floral foam ring.
3. Apply glue into the holes with a hot glue gun, and stick in the flowers. First, cover the top. Then, cover the sides.
4. Arrange the flowers close together so that the foam ring is no longer visible.
5. Put a large candle in the center of the ring, and enjoy the beautiful centerpiece.