Today I am sharing a tutorial on how to make a beautiful rolled paper wreath.
I admire so many of the book page wreaths I saw on Pinterest. I always wanted to make a similar wreath of my own, but I didn’t have any old books to use for the project. I also never felt comfortable tearing pages from books to use for craft projects (I’m such a book nerd). So I decided to find an alternative by using several sheets of lightweight cardstock paper I bought at a craft store. Continue reading below for the supply list and instructions.
- 6×6 in. lightweight paper
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- 6-inch cardboard circle
- Ribbon or twine
- Gather about 80 sheets of lightweight paper.
- Roll each square of paper into a cone. Then, use the hot glue gun to apply glue under the seam and press it closed. The cones will be open at the top and closed at the bottom.
- Now it’s time to assemble the wreath. Cut a 5-6 inch circle from a piece of cardboard.
- Using the hot glue gun to adhere the first set of cones about two inches from the edge. Flatten the bottom of each cone and glue it onto the cardboard. Continue gluing the cones around the circle leaving a small space in between each cone.
- Glue another row of cones into the empty spaces. Make sure to flatten the bottom of the cones before adhering them to the cardboard. Continue gluing the paper until you have about three or four rows of cones.
- Once all the wreath rows are assembled, there will be an opening in the center. You can either add more cones or flowers or some other type of embellishment. I decided to use the remainder of the cardstock to make paper flowers.
- Glue the flowers in the middle of the wreath.
- Finally, turn the wreath over and glue ribbon or twine to the back, leaving a loop to hang the wreath.
And that’s it. I love this wreath, and I will probably keep it hanging in my house year-round!