If you have read my blog, you know that I love adding a little something extra to all my office supplies. I have turned several pencils, notebooks, and pairs of scissors into craft projects. There is no way I can leave anything in my home bare.
I bought a couple of clipboards several weeks ago from a dollar store. They were very cheap and plain. I decided to decoupage fabric on the clipboards to give them a more fun look.
Check out the easy tutorial below!
- Decoupage Glue
- Paint Brush
- Cut enough fabric to cover the clipboard, then iron the fabric to remove wrinkles.
- Apply 1-2 coats of decoupage glue on the front of the clipboard with a paint brush.
- Adhere the fabric on the clipboard. Use your fingers or the paint brush to help smooth out any wrinkles in the fabric.
- Use a pair of scissors or an Xacto knife to cut excess fabric and to trim the fabric around the clip.
- The board is ready to use once the glue dries.
Here is my other clipboard:
I love how bright and colorful these clipboards are! I try to use at least one of them as much as possible. I think these boards make awesome gifts for the school year. You can give them to both teachers and students. People really do appreciate thoughtful, handmade gifts.