I love recycling old furniture and giving it a new look! My mom gave me an old, broken desk that was in my brother’s room. I felt so excited when I saw the piece of furniture because all I could think about was the different ways I wanted to decorate it.
Here’s a list of supplies I used for the makeover:
- White Chalk Paint
- Wrapping Paper
- Martha Stewart Decoupage Adhesive (Matte)
- X-ACTO Knife
- Paint Brush
- Fine Grit Sandpaper
- Clean any dust or dirt on the desk.
- Paint the desk with at least two coats of white chalk paint.
- Once the paint is dry, cut the wrapping paper and decoupage the paper strips on the desk with a decoupage adhesive.
- Smooth out any wrinkles in the paper, then let it dry for a couple of hours.
- Once the paper is completely dry, use an X-ACTO Knife to trim the excess paper hanging over the desk. You can also use fine grit sandpaper to remove any imperfections.
- For the last step, seal the desk with a layer of the decoupage adhesive, chalk paint wax, or polycrylic.
I decided to put this lovely desk in my living room. It’s perfect for Spring and Summer!
Thanks for reading today’s blog post. Please feel free to share and leave your comments below.