I enjoy finding ways to celebrate love. I also enjoy hearing about how couples met and eventually got married. I made this project as a way to have a cute reminder of where I met my husband.
Supplies I used:
- 10 in. x 10 in. Shadow Box
- Road Map
- Mod Podge
- Red Card Stock
- Chalk Paint (Colors: Plaster and Maui Sand)
- Foam Brush
1. I began by removing the glass and backing from the shadow box.
2. Next, I painted the frame with 2 different colors of chalk paint. I let the paint dry 1 hour between each coat. Then, I lightly distressed the frame with 150 grit sandpaper.
3. I cut a piece of a state road map and adhered it to the frame backing with Mod Podge.
4. Finally, I cut a heart shape out of the card stock and glued it on the map to show where I met my husband.
I put the shadow box back together, and displayed it on my mantel.
Simple and pretty!
This shadow box would make a lovely gift for a bridal shower, engagement party, wedding, or anniversary.